Saturday, July 31, 2010

Larundel Mental Asylum

One of my friends from college had mentioned this place as a potential shot location.  When he presented his images in class I was dazzled.  This place has not been maintained for many years since it was abandoned and many say it has not been developed due to the fact that it is haunted. When I decided to visit this place, I wandered in through the barbwire fence and broken glass to find a decrepit, derelict and vile environment which betrayed its quaint surroundings.  There is a chill in the air and light struggles to find a way in.  I decided that I wanted to capture the battle between the light and darkness.  I feel this image of the 'mirror interrogation' room captures the battle between light and dark just the way I was experiencing it.  Just don't ask me what is lurking in that dark corridor!

No comments: